This award consisting of up to $350 is designed to assist GODORT of Michigan members in pursuing professional development activities related to government documents librarianship. Up to two awards may be offered during any given GODORT of Michigan membership year. Examples of professional development activities include, but are not limited to:
- attending a biennial general meeting of U.S. depository libraries in Michigan,
- attending a Federal Depository Conference / Council meeting,
- attending an annual Interagency Depository Seminar,
- attending the government documents portion of the American Library Association, or
- taking a correspondence/virtual university course on government information.
Preference will be given to members who are either new to the field or whose libraries have limited travel/continuing education funds.
Applicant must be a current GODORT of Michigan member. No one can win a grant more than once during any given three years. Applicant must fill out the attached application form. Award recipients are expected to contribute an article to Red Tape summarizing their experiences.
Deadline for applications:
Completed applications must be postmarked, faxed, or e-mailed three months prior to the travel date to the Director at Large of GODORT of Michigan. Every attempt will be made to notify the successful applicant/s two months prior to the travel date.
.Past recipients include: Bernadette Bartlett, Library of Michigan, 2006
Please download, fill out, and submit the Eleanor Boyles Professional Development Award form along with a brief (no more than one page) statement explaining why you are applying for the travel grant and what you hope to gain from attending the meeting. Email or mail this form and statement to the Director at Large.