A Lifetime Achievement Award may be presented to a past or present member of Godort of Michigan in recognition of an exemplary career in government documents service. This award is given irregularly.
Nominees must be a current or past member of GODORT of Michigan.
Nominations must include or be followed by a written letter of support. This letter should include name, address of the nominee, present place of employment, description of achievements or special service by the nominee, and the nominating source.
Deadline: Nominations and the accompanying materials for the Lifetime Achievement Award should be submitted to the Director-at-Large of GODORT of Michigan by February 28 of the calendar year the award would be made. If a person is selected to receive the award, it is presented at the spring GODORT of Michigan meeting.
Wording on Certificate: The Government Documents Round Table of Michigan Proudly Recognizes ______ for his/her numerous contributions to the Michigan government documents community, and is therefore awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award. Given this ___ day of _____ Signed by President and Director-At-Large
Past recipients include:
- Eleanor Boyles, Michigan State University, 1991
- June Hawthorne, Michigan Tech University, 1994
- Richard Hathaway, Library of Michigan – GoMLink Project, 1994
- Anne Diamond, Library of Michigan, 1995
- Grace York, University of Michigan, 2003
- Jon Harrison, Michigan State University Library, 2009
- Ann Marie Sanders, Library of Michigan, 2011
- Michael McDonnell, Western Michigan University, 2012
- Ann Swaney, Northwestern Michigan College, 2013