- Run GODORT business meetings.
- Arrange and run executive board meetings.
- Present the annual report at the annual spring meeting.
- Coordinate with the Thurston Award Committee.
- Write letters on behalf of GODORT at the request of the membership.
- Decide, with the executive board, any changes in annual membership fees, and present this to the membership at the annual spring meeting.
- In January appoint a nominating committee for executive board officers whose term is expiring.
- Coordinate ballots for the election, or appoint someone to do so.
- Make a list of new executive board officers and send it to each one. Include position, institution, phone and fax numbers, and e-mail addresses.
- Make sure newly-elected executive board officers have a copy of the current bylaws.
- Have new GODORT letterhead and envelopes printed as necessary.
- Coordinate at least 2 programs, one of which is to be the annual spring meeting. Include time on the programs for business meetings of GODORT (as a whole, not the executive board meetings).
- Coordinate name tags, printed programs/agendas, and registrations.
- Keep minutes of GODORT business meetings and executive board meetings.
- Type changes to the by-laws when amended and distribute these to the executive board and the Red Tape Editor.
- Keep the organization’s accounts (track the income from membership, program registrations, etc.).
- Balance the checkbook.
- Present annual or semi-annual report on the State of the Treasury.
- Maintain the membership list (up-to-date name and address information, membership year’s paid). Provide the membership information to the Red Tape Editor for mailings.
- Write checks to cover organizational expenses relating to meetings and other business (reimbursement for postage, etc.)
- Bring the checkbook, receipt book, and membership forms to GODORT meetings.
- Coordinate award nominations:
- Put a note in Red Tape early in the calendar year asking for nominations for the Lifetime Achievement and Jennie awards; announce at meetings, etc.
- Present nominations to the executive board for decisions on awardees.
- Send a letter to the awardees notifying them; ask them to come to the annual meeting for presentation. (GODORT will pay for their program fee). Copy this letter to the Program Chair.
- Have plaques/bowls made for the awardees in time for the annual spring meeting.
Red Tape Editor
- Edit the newsletter.
- Oversee the publishing and distribution of the newsletter, in print and electronic formats.
- Update the mailing list for the newsletter with the membership information provided by the Treasurer.
Prepared by Kim Ranger, Grand Valley State University, 6/95.